I offer contracted editing services for science-related documents. For 20+ years, I have edited genres that encompass academic research papers, books, grant proposals, and science-related magazine articles for a general audience. See more about my editing business, d.b.a. Appleseed Editing.
I am also a freelance science writer with a master’s degree in science writing from Johns Hopkins University. My preferred beat as a writer is solution-focused stories about climate, the environment, and sustainable food systems. I also write about health and other life sciences stories on assignment. My stories have appeared in Undark, Vox, Ensia, Knowable, Modern Farmer, and The Scientist, among others. View my clips.
Memberships and Affiliations
- ACES, The Society for Editing
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- National Association of Science Writers
- Solutions Journalism Network
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Society of Professional Journalists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science