Science writer… systems thinker… pragmatic idealist
I am a science writer with a background in ecosystems theory and genomics.
- I co-authored a textbook, Ecological Sustainability, published in 2013 by CRC Press, and was the primary author of the chapter on sustainable agriculture.
- I co-authored a textbook on genomics published in 2008 by CRC Press. I studied ethics at Dartmouth under Ronald Green, one of the foremost genetic ethicists, and was the primary author of the chapter on ethics for the 2008 textbooks.
I am currently enrolled in a master’s program in science writing at Johns Hopkins University. In my day job, I work in health philanthropy.
Find Me on Social Media
- Why You Want Oysters and a Salt Marsh Between You and a Hurricane. (2019, June 3). Vox.
- We Need to Change the Way We Talk About GMOs. (2018, October 4). Undark.
- USDA Unveils New Gene-Stacking Tool to Prevent Plant Diseases. (2018, August 14). The Scientist.
- Tight Junction Function and the Immune System: Why your “can’t eat” list keeps growing. (2018, March 15). Celiac.com.
- Could Rapamycin Help Humans Live Longer? (2018, March 1). The Scientist.