I am a freelance science writer and editor with a master’s degree in science writing from Johns Hopkins University. My preferred beat is solution-focused stories about climate, the environment, and sustainable food systems. I also write about health and other life sciences stories on assignment. My stories have appeared in Undark, Vox, Knowable, Modern Farmer, and The Scientist, among others. View my clips.
I offer contracted editing services. My 20+ years of editing experience encompasses academic research papers, grant proposals, and magazine articles for a general audience. See more about my editing.
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Association of Science Writers
- Solutions Journalism Network
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Society of Professional Journalists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- ACES, The Society for Editing